Friday, June 5, 2009

Sweetest Surprise!

So yesterday I was talking to David on the phone, seeing how the night went at the hospital (he was exhausted! :) Waking up to cath every 4hrs, feed every 3hrs and jumping at every noise little Jet makes) and he told me that Dr. Hudgins (the neurosurgeon) was there and did I have any questions. I asked if we were still on track to leave on Friday. David asks when Jet will most likely be discharged and then comes back and says "today." TODAY?! I asked (like 5 times in a row) then Dr. Hudgins comes on the phone and says "yes, we can even enroll him in a kindergarten program now if you like." Just then the mug of water I was filling up at the fridge overflowed spilling all over the kitchen floor. (I guess I got distracted. lol.)
So next thing we knew my mom and I were throwing clothes on, grabbing an outfit for Jet and driving to the hospital. My stomach hurt the whole way thinking "I can't believe it! Are we ready? I'm so glad we got the carseat installed yesterday!" lol. By the time we got to my little boy he was being worked on by the physical therapist. She showed David and some exercises to insure he won't lose his good flexibility. He is apparently one of her more "mobile" babies and has good leg strength. :) She also fit him for some splints for his feet that we put on him 2hrs on/2hrs off until our next appt. These are also to keep him flexible and keep his muscles from tightening as he grows. He looks super cute in them. They are navy with khaki velcro - the PT called him "preppie baby" lol. 
So after talking to a few more people (and getting an overwhelming load of paperwork) we packed our things, secured our little man in his carseat, and left the hospital. What a wonderful whirlwind of activity. :) Next Stop... home!

Last minute diaper change.

All dressed up to come home! :)

Mommy is taking you home!
I'm ready for my close up!
Daddy is ready for Mommy to stop taking pictures. lol.

No comments:

Popular Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails