Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Jet is One Week Old!

Yay for one-week birthdays! :) Our little fighter turned one week old today (a very special day to us - June 2nd - our 3 year anniversary! I love you sweetheart. :) We went to visit our little one - the best anniversary present we could ever have. I had another chance to nurse him (he was so sleepy though, it was hysterical to watch him just conk out despite my kissing and nudging and talking to him. He was out cold. lol.) And David and I both had some practice cathing him (it's not as hard as it seemed, but it does take a while to empty his bladder that way). He had a test done this morning to see what is going on with his bladder function. Like I mentioned previously, bladder weakness is textbook for SB but we are still praying fervently for a way to fix it so he can have more bladder control long term. 

We did receive some great news today (the blessings just keep coming :) ) Our prayers were answered and Jet's head ultrasound showed no change - no additional swelling for fluid! :) This is such a good sign and we keep praying that he will stay stable and avoid a shunt. This being the case, the doctor told us today to begin "preparing for discharge" saying that our little boy may be able to come home as soon as Friday! Now this can all change - the medical world is a fickle one we know - but we are so excited that he is doing well enough to possibly come home in the next few days! We cannot wait to have him where he belongs.
The Happy Family :)

Look at that face! 

Aunt Kay loves her nephew

Mommy and Daddy say Goodnight


Happy 3 year anniversary to the proud parents!

Good Night Angel.

9 comments:

Johnson A GoGo! said...

Happy Anniversary! It's hard to believe it's been 3 years already! You are both so blessed with each other and now your beautiful Jet. I know the Lord will continue to bless you more abundantly. Love you all!

Micki said...

Happy Anniversary and I hope you get to take home Jet on Friday! How wonderful that he's doing so well and no fluid build up. We'll keep praying that he continues to do so well!

truly blessed said...

I was hoping for new pics when I clicked on your blog and I wasn't disappointed. YEAH!!! :) I love them! That sweet little arm thrown up over his head while he sleeps is precious! Thank you so much for sharing them!

Happy Anniversary!!! What a perfect gifts God has blessed you with...each other and Jet.♥
I'm SO happy for you guys. The prayers go up and the blessings rain down! (sounds like VBS, but it's true!)

truly blessed said...

sorry...i meant What perfect gifts...not...What a perfect gifts. It's early this morning, does that count? ;)

Chad and Kristin Pendley said...

Yay!!! I will be praying that he gets to come home on Friday and then I want to come over as soon as you are ready for visitors. Just let me know!! I am so happy to hear that Jet is doing well. Happy anniversary to you and David. Could there be a better gift than Jet?! The pictures are beautiful as always. Keep them coming! I can't wait to meet this little guy. He looks so snuggly! Talk to ya soon!

Leigh and Andy said...

Oh. My. Goodness!!!! What a cutie!!! Every picture just gets cuter and cuter!! I am SO happy to hear that Jet continues to do so AMAZING!! Our prayers are being answered. Grey and I say a prayer for "our friend Jet" every night!! Take your time in emailing, I can answer any questions that you have ANYTIME...for now just enjoy that baby of yours!! oh, and happy anniversary!!

The Calak's said...

We just wanted to say Congratulations again David and Joanna. He is a handsome little man. Thank you for sharing your blog with us. We hope everything continues to go well with little baby Jet. Our thoughts are with you and your family as you wait for your little one to come home! Vicki and Matt.

Adrienne, Hanna, Hayden & Garrett said...

I have been wanting to write and say congratulations! I have been following your blog, but it is hard to type with one finger and hold a baby. You have been through so much. Jet is adorable and I pray that your family gets home soon!

Micki said...

Jet is so cute! we are all excited for you and can't wait to see the little guy in a few weeks. We continue to pray for all of you! Happy Anniversary, too!

From Uncle Trent in Omaha
(signed-in under our Google account which has Micki's name!)

Popular Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails