Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Ordinary Miracle

It's late, and I just rocked my baby to sleep. My sweet angel baby whose arms fit so cuddly around my neck. Whose warm cheek rests against my shoulder as tiny baby curls tickle my chin.
My little prince.
As he sleeps I begin my own bedtime routine - pick up the toys that carpet my living room, push the dirty laundry into the laundry room for tomorrow's "to-do" list, put the pillows on the bed and get my jammies on.
And think.
Think about the day, what I got done, what I need to do tomorrow, what I'll actually do tomorrow...
and think about people.
The blogs I need to check (every night or I get (gasp!) behind), the facebook messages I still haven't replied to.
Or in tonight's case, my sweet new friend with a lovely name to match ~ Lorelei.
Tonight (as I have every night for a week since I heard your story) I'm thinking of you.
Sweet Lorelei and her sweet unborn baby boy
- who have just began this journey with us.
The journey of pregnancy, motherhood, and life with a child diagnosed with SB.
It's just beginning, and it's scary, and it's fragile and uncertain in many aspects.
But there are some certainties.
I'm certain there will be healing. I'm certain there will be strength.
I'm certain there will be love.
And I'm certain God brought us together.
I'm so thankful for our friendship. Hopeful for our futures. Trusting in His promises.
Let's keep praying for our babies. Counting every blessing.
Loving every miracle.
And I think we should add this song to the soundtrack of our journey. :) Much love sweet friend. Sleep tight and I hope that little miracle lets you rest without too many kicks. :)
And to all the "little miracles"... you know who you are...sweet dreams.

Ordinary Miracle

It's not that unusual When everything is beautiful
It’s just another ordinary miracle today


The sky knows when its time to snow Don’t need to teach a seed to grow
It’s just another ordinary miracle today


Life is like a gift they say Wrapped up for you everyday
Open up and find a way To give some of your own

Isn't it remarkable Like every time a raindrop falls
It’s just another ordinary miracle today
Birds in winter have their fling And always make it home by spring
It’s just another ordinary miracle today


When you wake up everyday Please don’t throw your dreams away
Hold them close to your heart Cause we are all a part
Of the ordinary miracle

Its seems so exceptional Things just work out after all
It’s just another ordinary miracle today


The sun comes up and shines so bright
It disappears again at night
It’s just another ordinary miracle today

It’s just another ordinary miracle today.


6 comments:

The Calak's said...

I love looking at your pictures of your beautiful boy. I told Matt we need to have you guys over for dinner one day. Let me know if you guys would be up for it.

krousehouse said...

Absolutely beautiful! Does Lorelei have a blog - if so, I want to see it!
Jennifer

Selina said...

So beautiful...I've been thinking about her too...remebering when I was in her shoes, and wishing there was someway to show her and Hilary, and all of these new moms how amazing and wonderful this journey can be.
Thanks Joanna!

Leigh and Andy said...

Like the others have said...beautiful! I so love all of our little miracles...and can't wait to meet you and yours! :)

Meinhardt Family said...

What a beautiful post. And those pics of Jet...Hello???? Seriously? Can he get any cuter? Is his hair getting red in it or is just the color of the photo (at the top of your blog)? He's just growing up so fast.
You are a beautiful write Joanna.

Jill said...

Those pictures are priceless!! So well said. :)

Popular Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails