Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Nursery and Another Baby Shower! :)

Baby's Room!!!





We finally finished the nursery and I can't wait for our finishing touch to make it complete - our little boy. :) 4 weeks from today is the day we get to meet our little doodlebug for the first time. We showed off his room today at our second baby shower hosted by my girlfriends from school - Thanks Kristin and Lindzey! In the words of Linda "you rock!" haha.




Adorable invitations and yummy food!









Gifts and Games!! Be kind ladies...





It was great to see my favorite Cheatham Hill Elementary ladies there today as well as...




...my good friend Kacee from Kennesaw Elem.



The cake was adorable! One of my absolute favorites! 2 great cakes in a row! A friend of Kristin did it and it was as delicious as it was beautiful.






Cutting the Cake for a Happily Ever After Ending!


9 comments:

Summer Pendley said...

Joanna~ Congrats on another beautiful baby shower AND a incredible baby's room! I LOVE it!!! It's unique and so very sweet! I can't believe...FOUR weeks from today, huh? That's SO exciting! :)

Chad and Kristin Pendley said...

Aww yea!! The baby's room is so adorable. It will be so perfect when your little man arrives. We had so much fun hosting the shower. I'm glad you enjoyed it. 4 weeks is going to fly by!!

truly blessed said...

The room is gorgeous! Love it! I saw bunny Timmy too. :)
How adorable is that cake!!!

Micki said...

The room turned out so nice! Can't wait to meet the little one in June!

Papi said...

I'm sure most, if not all, of your followers immediately had the same 2 questions as I did when they saw the nursery pictures - 1. do you foresee "Gingerbread Man" giving you any real trouble, such as running away, and 2. what are the various definitions and etymology of "wainscot"? Well, I'm here to help at least shed some light on the 2nd one. Wainscot - noun 1. wood, esp. oak and usually in the form of paneling, for lining interior walls. 2. the lining itself, esp. as covering the lower portion of a wall. 3. a dado, esp. of wood, lining an interior wall. 4. British. oak of superior quality and cut, imported from the Baltic countries for fine woodwork.

From Middle Low German wagenschot, assumed to be from wagen (“‘wagon’”) + schot, believed to mean “partition”.

Also "dado", from definition 3., could be a back up nickname for me if Papi doesn't catch on with the little guy.

Let's see if Nina can top that...

Joanna said...

haha. I was thinking about responding to the "dado" then continued reading and you took that one already too! I'm sure after reading you comment my followers all have the same question:
Who is this Papi and what does he do for a living that allows such extensive research on wainscot? :)

Carli said...

The nursery is too cute! Especially now that it has the cool wall art! :)
Love ya!

Sarah Hull said...

Oh my goodness, that is such a darling nursery! I love the red walls. What a lucky little guy! Hope all is well.

Meinhardt Family said...

I love the nursery! Looks like you had a great shower as well. Hope you are feeling good. You're in the home stretch!

Popular Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails