Sunday, April 19, 2009

First Baby Shower

What a wonderful church family and friends we have! I cannot believe how many people were there! How blessed we are to have such people in our lives - the shower was truly an outpouring of love and generosity. The cake was adorable and delicious. I don't have a picture yet but I'm getting one. Now I've got to reorganize and go through all of baby's presents that are stuffed into the guest room! lol. Not a bad problem to have of course. What a day!


Cutest baby socks! They're so tiny!

Shopping cart cover. Yay!
My favorite diaper bag ever from Nina and Papi! Cute guitar onesie from Aunt Kayleigh!
Pink baby gap dress shirt! Daddy will love him in this. :)
So true! This says it all.
More adorable clothes!
Michelle and Katie: The official photographers of the shower and clothing fairies for baby. :)
Aunt Kelly! Thanks for writing down all that stuff so I can get started on thank you notes asap!

7 comments:

truly blessed said...

I'm so sorry I missed your shower. So glad it was wonderful. How could it have been anything but? With wonderful parents and quite a 'big deal' baby. :) We all love him already. Thanks for sharing the pics.
xo

Leigh and Andy said...

Not too much longer and he'll be in all of his fun new clothes!!! :)I can't wait to see pics of the little guy!

Kayleigh said...

Bless, bless, bless, bless, bless, ble-bless, bless this child! yeah!

Papi said...

Looks like you couldn't swing a stick without hitting a clo.

Joanna said...

haha! No one else is going to understand Aunt Kayleigh or Papi's comments. :)

Sarah Hull said...

Hi Joanna,
I am so glad you found our blog. I am not sure if you went back into past posts, but in March I decided to sit down and write Katie's birth story. I broke it up into five parts. Feel free to read it when you get a chance.

From your blog it looks like you've got a great support system and faith in God. That's vital.
Being a parent of a child that comes with a few "extra's" is such a special experience. To be honest, when I learn of loving couples who will be welcoming one into their home, I almost get excited for them to be a part of something so special. Not every parent gets this opportunity. I won't lie and say it is easy, it sure can do a number on your heart (especially surgeries), but what we can learn from these little ones is truly priceless.
If there is one thing I can tell you is try and put the worry aside and replace it with joy.
example: For five years I have worried about sending Katie to public school. I thought it was just going to be so rough.... well, that worry was totally in vein because she LOVES school, her teacher is FABULOUS and all the kids in her classroom adore her and enjoy helping her (almost too much sometimes) and kids are a lot more kind than I anticipated them to be.
Sorry, this totally just turned into a novel. Please keep in touch and feel free to email or comment any time. I wish I had a group of blog friends back when I was pregs with Katie. I think it would have helped a lot.
Take Care and enjoy this beautiful experience!

Nina said...

Hey sweetie,
This is my first attempt at a note, so hope this works. I just wanted to say that this has been the most amazing journey. I am so proud of you and so thankful that you have shared with me the wonderful journeys of beautiful children and inspiring families. I love you and am filled with so much love for this precious grandson of mine and can't wait to meet him in 4 weeks! YAY

Popular Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails